Best glass water bottles
We are made of 70% water, so it makes sense to drink water of the highest purity. That is why we invest in water purifiers, filters, and whatever there is on the market to ensure the purity and clarity of the water we put in our bodies. But did you ever think of the water you drink from a bottle? Manufacturers say that their water is purified and decontaminated, and while there is no reason not to believe them, we cannot stop and wonder what happens when their pure water stays in a plastic bottle for months before consumption. That is why the best thing you could do is buy yourself a glass water bottle.
The advantages and disadvantages of a glass water bottle
I bet that many of you do not even think of this solution, but I find it pretty simple. You take some tap water, your purify it, and then you put it in a glass water bottle. That way it is always fresh and without any contaminants. Here is why you should consider changing the conventional plastic (PET) bottle with one made of glass.
- It keeps the water fresh and pure – even if you take decontaminated water and put it in a plastic bottle, there is still a risk of contamination from the plastic itself. They say that plastic does not dissolve as fast as a few months, but that does not mean it cannot release contaminants into the water. A glass water bottle will prevent that from happening. Why? Simple. Because glass does not contain any contaminants.
- It is easier to clean – if you had a plastic bottle for a more extended period of time, then you must know what happens to it after constant use. It loses its clarity even if you wash it on a regular basis. Glass water bottles, on the other hand, will maintain that clarity even if you clean it hundreds of time. You do not have to worry about looking dirty after a while. That makes it reusable for a very long time.
- The water inside stays fresh for months – if you take fresh water, put it in a glass bottle, and then you refrigerate it, you can drink it after months of staying in your fridge. You will enjoy the same clean, crisp water without having to worry about things like BPA or other contaminants leaching into it. This risk is not possible with glass. Only with plastic.
- Your bottle will not absorb flavors – if you like to infuse your water with fruit, you do not have to worry that the bottle will catch that flavor and keep it there. You can put anything you want in a glass bottle. As long as you clean it properly afterward, it will retain no odor or taste. Whereas a plastic bottle
- It is eco-friendly – you probably do not know this, but the manufacture of a single plastic bottle takes a lot of energy and more water than the bottle is actually going to contain when it is done. Plus, only US citizens throw away 35 billion plastic bottles every year. That cannot be good for the environment. Use a glass water bottle instead. The planet will be grateful.
As you can imagine, there are a few cons as well when it comes to glass water bottles. Of course, there is nothing that cannot be overcome on that list, but for the sake of full disclosure, here are the disadvantages.
- It can break – glass is more sensitive than plastic, and if you drop the bottle, chances are that it is going to break. However, that is why many manufacturers provide a silicone cover. It does not make the bottle completely break-proof, but it increases its chances of not breaking when it falls on a hard
- It is heavier – comparing it to a plastic bottle, a glass bottle is a lot heavier. You may find it too heavy when you jog, for example. That is why if you want a bottle to use when you go running, my advice is to use lighter Not plastic necessarily, but not glass either.
- It is more expensive – as you can imagine, a glass water bottler is more expensive than a plastic bottle. However, I do not find that to be a disadvantage because glass is reusable. You can have the same bottle for a long time.
How to choose the best glass water bottle
To be honest, there are no specific rules for selecting the best glass water bottle. All you need to do is to pay attention to what you are buying to make sure that you are getting what you need. Other than that, here are some factors you need to consider before making a purchase.
- Size – this is entirely up to you, but before buying a glass water bottle, you need to think about what you are going to use it for. Do you need it to drink water on your way to work? Or you need to take an entire bottle to drink all day long? Depending on your answer, you need to determine size. Glass water bottles are available in multiple capacities, so choosing from one of them will not be an issue.
- Silicone sleeve – while there are models out there that do not have this feature, I urge you to choose a glass water bottle that has. That is because, at one point or another, you will drop the bottle. It is going to be on the pavement, on grass, or on your hardwood floor. If you do not want it to break on its first fall, my advice is to always go for the silicone sleeve. It will prolong the bottle’s lifespan considerably. Plus, it will provide you with a better grip so you cannot lose.
- Wide opening – not all people like a wide opening when it comes to water bottles, but I do, I think it is far more convenient. Not only that you can drink from the bottle without your lip being sucked in by the void, but it is also easier to refill.
- Ease of cleaning – a glass water bottle is easy to clean in general, but if you can find a model that you like which is also dishwasher safe, that is even better. Not only that it is more comfortable, but a dishwasher can clean it better too. High-temperature water and efficient dish soap is a killer combination. Killer of germs.
- Additional features – there are not many features a glass water bottle can have, but you can go for bottles that have marking to let you know how much water you have left. Some models come with time markings to help you increase your water intake. When it comes to this aspect, the more, the
What are the best glass water bottles?
Looking for the best glass water bottle should not take long. There are so many products out there that it will make your head spin. However, do not buy the first one you see. Read about it, and checking out some glass water reviews online cannot hurt either. People who have already purchased a particular product can tell you some things about it such as how long it took until it broke and so on. It can come in handy. Until then, take a look at my top picks.
Xtremeglas 32Oz Glass Water Bottle
This model is one of my favorites, which is why I chose to start with it. It has a capacity of 32 ounces, which is almost a liter, but it has a very interesting design. Plus, the silicone sleeve provides protection against drops. However, you would not say that it is a silicone sleeve. It is more of a silicone coating that covers the bottle from top to bottom. Nevertheless, the glass is extra thick to ensure durability.
One of the aspects I like the most about this model is the time markers. I always forget to drink enough water, so this feature is most helpful. It can help you monitor and increase your water intake during the day. The opening of the bottle has a medium width and features a leak-proof stainless steel lid. The lid has a food-grade silicone ring that seals the bottle perfectly. There will be no leaks. Plus, the strap attached to the lid will keep the bottle safe.
This model has been tested multiple times. It contains no BPA, and there are no chemicals. The water inside is crystal clear and will remain as such. It is dishwasher safe and essential oil friendly. The bottle will not keep odors and taste. This model is available in multiple colors.
Zulu Atlas 20 Oz Glass Water Bottle with Flip Lid
The manufacturer of this glass water bottle claims that it has created this product with athletes in mind. The result is, indeed, spectacular. The design and the practicality of this bottle are unquestionable. It may not have the same elegant look like the previous product, but it sure is an excellent bottle that is worth considering.
One handy feature that this glass water bottle has is the one-touch leak-proof locking lid. You do not need two hands to open it, and still, you can run with it or place it horizontally in your bag, but it will not let out a single drop. At the same time, the protective silicone sleeve will protect it if and when it falls. Plus, you have a strap that goes around your hand so that it does not accidentally slip.
None of the materials used in the manufacture of this product contain BPA or other contaminants. The bottle is dishwasher safe, and the opening is comfortably wide. The glass will not stain, smell, or bleach, even if you wash it hundreds of time. It will stay as good as new for you to enjoy for a very long time. This model too comes in a variety of colors.
Origin Glass Water Bottle with Bamboo Lid
The last glass water bottle that I liked is the one from Origin. It comes in various colors and capacities so that you can choose the one you want and need. It is entirely safe with no contaminants such as BPA, BPS, PVS, Lead, and Cadmium. No chemicals will reach the interior of the bottle so that you can enjoy clean and fresh water at all times.
Thanks to its silicone sleeve, the Origin glass water bottle is impact-resistant. The silicone is food-grade so that you do not have to worry about putting it in the dishwasher. Plus, the silicone provides the necessary grip so that the bottle does not slip from your hands.
The opening is wide enough, and the lid is made of bamboo. While the bottle itself is dishwasher safe, it is not recommended to put the lid in there as well. Wood is usually heat-sensitive. You can choose from multiple sleeve colors.
I like all three products, and I think that all of them will meet their purpose. However, if I had to choose just one, I would go with the Xtremeglas 32Oz Glass Water Bottle. It has the ideal size, I love the design, and the fact that it has time markers is a nice touch. I think it is one of the best glass water bottles you can get your hands on.
Since water is one of the things that keep us alive, I think it is worth investing in its quality. A glass water bottle may not be the cheapest thing, but it is affordable. Plus, think of it as an investment in yourself. If you are not worth it, I do not know who is. Click here to buy on Amazon
- What You Need to Do About Large Glass Water Bottle Starting in the Next 9 Minutes
- Water Bottle with Straw Tips & Guide
- Why Everybody Is Mistaken About 32 Oz Glass Water Bottle and Why You Absolutely Must View This Article
- Cheap Water Bottles at a Glance
- The Basic Facts of Apana Water Bottle
- Glass Water Bottle with Silicone Sleeve Exposed
- Warning Signs on Glass Bottles for Water You Should Know
- Facts, Fiction and Best Reusable Water Bottle
- Facts, Fiction and Water Glass Bottle
- The Most Neglected Fact About Safe Water Bottles Exposed
- Top Choices of Glass Water Containers
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Glass Water Bottle with Straw
- Buying Good Water Bottles
- What You Do Not Know About Cool Water Bottles May Shock You
- Reusable Glass Water Bottles for Dummies
- Secret Information About Sports Water Bottles Only the Experts Know About
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Stainless Water Bottle
- One of the Most Overlooked Options for Ello Glass Water Bottle
- Get the Scoop on Water Bottle for Kids Before You’re Too Late
- Why People Aren’t Talking About Plastic Water Bottles
- An Honest View of Water Bottle Glass
- Introducing Glass Water Jug
- The Appeal of Glass Bottled Water
- The Supreme Approach for Glass Drinking Bottles
- Buying Glass Bottles
- The Water in Glass Bottles Chronicles
- The Benefits of Bpa Free Water Bottles
- The Most Forgotten Fact About Drink Bottles Explained
- A Guide to Steel Water Bottle
- What Reusable Water Bottles Is – and What it Is Not
- Here’s What I Know About Metal Water Bottles
- The Benefits of Best Water Bottle
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle Tips
- The Downside Risk of Glass Water Bottle That No One Is Talking About
- The New Angle On Water Bottle Just Released